- How do I navigate my avatar?
- How do I teleport via the mini-map?
- How do I teleport via the kiosk?
- How do I voice chat?
- How do I text chat?
- How do I invite another user to be on my buddy list?
- How to Clear the Unity Player Cache?
- Check for Correct Installation
- Uninstall and Reinstall the Latest Version of Unity
- Check your Web Player Version
ASK FOR HELP
Do you have a question or need some help? Send us an Email.
USER GUIDEDownload the NATO-VOHQ User Guide (PDF)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I navigate my avatar?
Use the arrow keys (up, down, left, right) for running forward, backward and to position the avatar in the desired direction. To walk, press the upward arrow key and then hold the shift key.
As an alternative, use the letters "w", "a", "s", and "d" to move forward, backward, and to turn left and right. To walk, press the "w" letter then hold the shift key.
In addition, you can teleport directly to a location via the mini-map or via the kiosks.
How do I teleport via the mini-map?
The mini-map is located in the right hand corner of the screen. It can be maximized by selecting the icon on the right hand corner of the mini-map. To teleport to a location, select the room and your avatar will be teleported to that location.
How do I teleport via the kiosk?
There are kiosks located in the clinic lobby and also in the hallways. You can select the text for the location you want to teleport to and your avatar is teleported to that location.
How do I voice chat?
You must hold down the control key while speaking.
How do I text chat?
Place your cursor in the text chat window located in the lower left hand side of the screen after the word "Say". Any messages you type will be echoed in the window above. Messages from other users are also displayed in that window.
How do I invite another user to be on my buddy list?
Place your cursor in the text chat window located in the lower left hand side of the screen after the word "Say". Type /add username
You will see a message that states "Buddy Request Sent"
The user that you sent the request to receives a "Buddy Request Received" message in their text chat window. This notifies that user to open their Social Window by selecting "o" or by selecting the text chat icon located on the bottom right hand side of the screen. Buddy requests are located under the Request tab where the user can select to Accept or Deny the request.
Unity Web Player - Check for Correct Installation
Test live demos at Unity web site: http://unity3d.com/gallery/demos/live-demos
How to Clear the Unity Player Cache?
Visit http://webplayer.unity3d.com/setup/ to clear your cache or follow the steps below.
- After you have logged in and the Unity Web player has loaded, then right click and select "Setup"
- This brings up a web page that lists what is cached on your hard drive. Select "Delete All" button to delete the Unity Player cache.
- A Warning is displayed. Select "Delete All".
- Delete your cache on your web browser. (See other sections on this page for instructions on deleting your web browser's cache.)
- Close your browser and restart.
Unity Web Player - Uninstall and Reinstall the Latest Version of Unity
If you are unable to play the live demos, then follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall the latest version of Unity:
Instructions Source: https://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/TroubleShootingWebplayer.html
Check to see that Unity Web Player is installed correctly.
- Close all browsers.
- Use Control Panel to uninstall the Unity Web Player.
- Reboot your machine.
- Download a new copy of the latest webplayer plugin from: http://unity3d.com/webplayer/
- Again close all browsers.
- Run the webplayer installer.
Once the installer has finished, test with the demos at: http://unity3d.com/gallery/demos/live-demos
Unity Web Player - Check your Web Player Version
- To check your Unity Web Player browser go to : http://unity3d.com/webplayer/
- Check that your version is 4.3.5 or newer.
Check your Internet Connections Speed, run the Speed Test
- On the home page, at the bottom left hand side of the page, there is a button "Take Speed Test."
- Select this button and then "Begin Test" to determine your internet speed.
- For the best user experience, your Download speed should be at least 10 Mbps and Upload speed should be at least 3 Mbps.
VA-VMC currently supports three web browsers: FireFox, Internet Explorer, and Safari. Supported browser versions are listed on the VA-VMC Home Page under System Requirements. Make sure to use a supported browser with a supported version.
Windows - Browser Compatibility
- OS: Windows 7 or later
- Browser:Firefox 25+ / Internet Explorer 10+
Web Browsers - Clear Cache
Often problems can be solved by clearing your web browser cache. To clear your cache:
- Firefox - Hold the CTRL, Shift, and Delete keys simultaneously and then select "Clear now".
- Internet Explorer - Under the Settings icon in the top right corner, select Internet Options. When the Internet Options window is displayed, under the Browsing history section heading, select Delete.
- Safari - Under the Settings icon in the Top Right Corner, select "Reset Safari".
- System RAM: 4 GB
- CPU: Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better(within past 5 years)
- GPU: Any 3D Graphics Card that supports Shader Model 2.0 or greater (within past 5 years) such as NVIDIA GeForce 6800, or ATI Radeon X1600 Pro
- Video RAM: 256 MB
- Hard Disk: 2 GB free hard disk space (for Unity Cache Data)
- System RAM: 8 GB or greater
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.6 GHz or better (within past 2 years)
- GPU: Discrete/Non-Integrated 3D Graphics Card that supports Shader Model 3.0 such as NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, or ATI Radeon HD 4830, or better
- Video RAM: 512 MB or greater
- Hard Disk: 4 GB free hard disk space (for Unity Cache Data)